Engine Computer Programming Services
- The Engine Computer also commonly referred to as an Engine Control Unit (ECU), Engine Control Module (ECM) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM); consists of a series of internal pre-programmed and programmable computer chips similar to a desktop/laptop computer. A viable component of a vehicles engine management system, its main purpose is to regulate the important functions of a vehicles engine. Using information collected from microprocessors and sensors (Mass Airflow, Throttle Position, Coolant Temperature, Voltage, Engine Speed) the ECU is able to regulate the operating temperature and system voltage of the engine. A properly operating ECU will provide a vehicles engine drastic improvements in fuel economy and responsive performance.
- The majority of Engine Computers for vehicles from 1996-present (OBD II) are subject to programming in order to function properly in your vehicle. Most units before 1996 (OBD I) are referred to as plug-n-play. All of our Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth & Jeep modules will be Plug & Play.
- We offer Engine Computer reprogramming on a wide range of Ford, Chrysler and GM Engine Computers, ECM, ECU and PCM module units. If programming is available, it will be noted in the Product Title & Description of the item you are viewing.
- To ensure that our Engine Control Modules are in working condition, we run diagnostic tests on all units before they are shipped out to our customers. ECM testing and ECM diagnosis is done in-house by our team of programmers and licensed mechanics.
- Car computer flashing or updating refers to the programming of the most recently released manufacturer updates. These updates will help improve the performance and fuel economy of your vehicle. This service is performed on most OBD II units and is included with the purchase of engine computer.
- After all the procedures are done for the Unit, we are ready to replace it, and provide the best service possible with Free Shipping.
PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System):
- If your vehicle is equipped with PATS or contains a Computer Chip in the vehicles’ key then you may be required to have a set of keys reprogrammed. We provide key reprogramming services for select car makes and models, those of which are noted in the Product Title. You can choose to have a Locksmith or Ford Dealer reprogram the keys as well. If your vehicle does not have PATS then your programmed unit will be plug and play.
Ford Key Instructions:
Using the pair of keys included with your purchase, follow the set of instructions below or your vehicle may not start:
- Insert 1 Key into the Ignition
- Turn the 1st key to the Ignition’s on position for 3 seconds, then remove
- Turn the 2nd key to the Ignition’s on position for 3 seconds, then remove
- Repeat Step 3 with your original key
General Motors Key Instructions:
Use the example image to determine which key instructions link you need to follow in order to sync your keys correctly:
Available Makes And Models:
- Chrysler – 200, 300, 300M, Cirrus, Concorde, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town & Country
- Dodge – Avenger, Caliber, Caravan, Challenger, Charger, Dakota, Durango, Intrepid, Journey, Magnum, Neon, Nitro, Ram Truck, Ram Van, Stratus
- Jeep – Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler
- Plymouth – Breeze, Voyager
- Ford – Aerostar, Bronco, Contour, Crown Victoria, Edge, Escape, Escort, Excursion, Expedition, Explorer, Flex, Five Hundred, Focus, Freestar, Freestyle, Fusion, Maverick, Motorhome, Mustang, Probe, Ranger, Taurus, Thunderbird, Transit Connect, Truck (F-Series), Van (E-Series), Windstar
- Lincoln – Aviator, Blackwood, Continental, LS, Mark LT, Mark VIII, MKX, MKZ, Navigator, Town Car, Zephyr
- Mazda – 6, B2300, B2500, B3000, B4000, Tribute
- Mercury – Cougar, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Mariner, Milan, Montego, Monterey, Mountaineer, Mystique, Sable, Tracer