Engine Computer Programming Services
- The Engine Computer also commonly referred to as an Engine Control Unit (ECU), Engine Control Module ECM) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM); consists of a series of internal pre-programmed and programmable computer chips similar to a desktop/laptop computer. A viable component of a vehicles engine management system, its main purpose is to regulate the important functions of a vehicles engine. Using information collected from microprocessors and sensors (Mass Airflow, Throttle Position, Coolant Temperature, Voltage, Engine Speed) the ECU is able to regulate the operating temperature and system voltage of the engine. Properly operating auto computers will provide drastic improvements in fuel economy and responsive performance.
The majority of Engine Computers for car built from 1996-present (OBD II) are subject to flash programming in order to function properly in your vehicle. Most control units before 1996 (OBD I) are referred to as plug and play. All of our Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth & Jeep engine control module ecm will be Plug & Play.
PCM Flash Programming/ ECM Flash Reprogramming
- We offer Engine Computer reprogramming on a wide range of Ford, Chrysler and GM Engine Computers, ECM PCM and ECU ( powertrain control modules) module units. If programming is available, it will be noted in the Product Title & Description of the item you are viewing. ECM programming is also done in house for greater quality control. Our plug and play car computers are mechanic friendly / diagnostic software !
Auto Computer Testing:
- To ensure that our Engine Control Modules are in working condition, we run diagnostic tests using multiple scan tools, on all units before they are shipped out to our customers. ECM testing and ECM diagnosis is done in-house by our team of¬† ECM programmers and licensed mechanics.
ECM Reprogramming / Vehicle Computer Reprogramming:
- Car computer flashing or updating refers to the programming of the most recently released manufacturer updates. These updates will help improve the performance and fuel economy of your vehicle. Using dealer verified reprogramming tools this service is performed on most OBD II control units and is also included with the purchase of your engine computer. Most replacement ECM should not need additional¬† programming or keys relearning procedures
- After all the ecm programming procedures are done for the Unit using our scan tools, we are ready to replace it, and provide the best service possible with Free Shipping while doing so. We also offer PCM TCM¬†repair and modules programming
PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System):
- If your vehicle is equipped with PATS or contains a Computer Chip in the vehicles‚Äô key then you may be required to have a set of keys flash reprogrammed with your new electronic control module. We provide key programming services for select car makes and models, those of which are noted in the Product Title. You can choose to either have a Locksmith or Ford Dealer reprogram the keys as well. If your vehicle does not have PATS then your programmed unit will be plug and play with no additional programming required.
Ford Key Instructions:
Using the pair of keys included with your vehicle computer flashing purchase, follow the set of instructions below or your vehicle may not start:
- Insert 1 Key into the Ignition
- Turn the 1st key to the Ignition’s on position for 3 seconds, then remove
- Turn the 2nd key to the Ignition’s on position for 3 seconds, then remove
- Repeat Step 3 with your original key
General Motors Key Instructions:
Use the example image to determine which key instructions link you need to follow in order to sync your keys correctly to the computers ecms ( Electronic control modules :
Available Makes And Models:
- Chrysler PCM – 200, 300, 300M, Aspen, Cirrus, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town & Country
- Dodge PCM¬†– Avenger, Caliber, Caravan, Challenger, Charger, Cummins, Dakota, Dart, Durango, Intrepid, Journey, Magnum, Neon, Nitro, Ram Promaster, Ram Truck, Ram Van, Stratus, Viper
- Jeep PCM¬†– Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Grand Wagoneer, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler
- Plymouth PCM¬†– Breeze, Voyager
- Ford PCM¬†– Aerostar, Bronco, Contour, Crown Victoria, Edge, Escape, Escort, Excursion, Expedition, Explorer, Flex, Five Hundred, Focus, Freestar, Freestyle, Fusion, Maverick, Motorhome, Mustang, Probe, Ranger, Taurus, Taurus X, Thunderbird, Transit Connect, Truck (F-Series), Van (E-Series), Windstar
- Lincoln PCM¬†– Aviator, Blackwood, Continental, LS, Mark LT, Mark VIII, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Navigator, Town Car, Zephyr
- Mazda ECU¬†– 3, 5, 6, 626, B2300, B2500, B3000, B4000, CX-5, CX-7, CX-9, MazdaSpeed3, MPV, MX-6, Tribute
- Mercury PCM¬†– Cougar, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Mariner, Milan, Montego, Monterey, Mountaineer, Mystique, Sable, Tracer
- Buick– Allure, Century, Enclave, LaCrosse, LeSabre, Lucerne, Park Avenue, Rainier, Regal, Rendezvous, Riviera, Skylark, Terraza
- Cadillac¬†– CTS, CTS-V, Deville, DTS, Eldorado, Escalade, Seville, SRX, STS, STS-V, XLR, XLR-V
- Chevrolet¬†– Astro, Avalanche, Beretta, Blazer, C/K Series, Camaro, Caprice, Cavalier, Cobalt, Colorado, Corsica, Corvette, Equinox, Express, HHR, Impala, Lumina, Monte Carlo, S10, Silverado, SSR, Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer, Uplander, Venture
- GMC¬†– Acadia, Canyon, Envoy, Jimmy, Safari, Savana, Sierra, Sonoma, Yukon
- Hummer¬†– H2, H3
- Isuzu¬†– Ascender, Hombre, i-Series
- Oldsmobile¬†– Achieva, Alero, Aurora, Bravada, Cutlass, Eighty Eight, Intrigue, LSS, Ninety Eight, Regency Silhouette
- Pontiac¬†– Aztek, Bonneville, Firebird, Grand Am, Grand Prix, GTO, Montana, Sunfire, Trans Sport, G5, G6, G8, Pursuit, Solstice, Torrent, Vibe
- Saturn¬†– Aura, L-Series, L300, LW300, S-Series, Vue
- Saab¬†– 9-7X